G Swartley

Well Known Member
I don't post very much, but today I feel compelled to say WOO HOO!:D:D:D
Here at work everybody is so busy I haven't been able to tell anybody so I decided to post and tell somebody. So here it is.

Yesterday I had a buddy come over and help on the right wing. He had never pounded a rivet before, but I don't believe him. Hi did awesome and we put in 522 rivets and later I finished the top skins with 180 rivets. So there it is the right wing is ready to come off the jig and I can disassemble the jig.:D

I can't wait to get some room back in the shop. The only thing that saddens me is we are planning on moving this summer so I don't have the fuselage on order and will be storing the project for a while. I'm counting on you to keep writing motivating reports so I can get this move over and start building again.

I'm out! Peace!

Oh, what a feeling when you get all the nit-noid work finished and you can finally rivet shtuff together. That's the best. :)

Hopefully your decision to build the -9 has not changed. It is a sweetheart of a plane. I am doing my BFR in mine today with my old CFI who hasn't been in it yet. It was him who talked me out of the -9A with all that talk about real men and tailwheels!

KPTR!

TW

Bruce,
I want to build a 9 not a 9A, but I have never flown a tailwheel. and My weight :eek: prevents me from flying most of the tailwheels in the area for training. I'm looking for some tailwheel training and trying to loose some weight, but it's a long process.

BTW: I've seen some pictures on the net and I love your paint job.

Last edited:
Greg,

It sounds like you have a few challanges ahead but that is OK. Without Challanges, life is boaring.

Build the -9 as light as you can and that will give you eve more useful load.

Once you order that fuselage, you will find a way to get the TW training you need. Don't worry about it now, just keep pounding rivets.

Bruce is right, the -9 is a a sweetheart of a plane!

Hi Greg

Hi Greg,

I met you at our mutual customer a few weeks ago. Congrats on you project, it sounds like you made some excellent progress!

There is a Cub at Golden Aviation (N13 - Bloomsburg, PA) for rent, and a light weight CFII to go with it. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you in touch with them.

(570) 204-4745