RVG8tor

Well Known Member
I want to inject some oil under pressure in my not yet installed engine since I have exceeded the time frame for storage provided by the manufacturer. I am guessing I can remove one of the allen head plugs near the oil temperature fixture and inject the oil there. I think these holes are used for oil pressure sensors.

I am using a pre-oiler tank. The idea is with the oil under pressure the ney nozzles will spray the cam and hopefully prevent corrosion. The engine has not seen more than a 10 degree temp swing and humidity over 45% so I think it is in good shape.

My question is what holes do I cover up, I have plastic pugs on the front opening for the C/S prop, the prop governor is not installed but I have it. there are plugs in the oil cooler to/from holes (I suppose I could use them to inject the oil) Will oil come out of the exhaust? I assume I should keep the top plugs open. :confused:

As you can see I don't know much about the engine. I did go to Mattituck and watch them build one but I just don't know what I don't know.

Thanks for any help