SmittysRV

Well Known Member
Here's my stuff:

I went over to Aircraft Spruce and bought the Dynon 100 EFIS and the 120 Engine Monitor with all the hookups. They gave me a 2 percent discount and a free calendar.

20100804_03.jpg

I just couldn't pass this up. There was a vendor in the fly-market that made these custom signs on the spot. So I got one. It's say's it all!

20100804_02.jpg

New Garmin SL 40 from my pal Stein, trying to get my panel gear a little here and there to avoid the big bite at the end. Thanks Stein! Glenn

ANR kit

Bought a Headsets Inc ANR kit for my DC headset. That's about it.

First time I spend so little at Airventure. Even my wife was impressed with my budgetary restraint.

I bought a 1' X 4' sheet of .050 2024-T3 from Airparts to make up my throttle/mixture subpanel so I could include my Van's Fuel Gauges under my panel.

I sold some components while there in order to get my deposit money for a new Catto two blade prop.

I got to see Smitty again as well.

1. The "claw"
2. Wheel chocks
3. Clarity aloft headset
4. Bruce canopy cover
5. Kroeger sunshade
6. Hardware
7. 2 vans hats and shirts
I almost got an O2 system.

About $200 worth of AN hardware to restock and prepare for RV-3 assembly - I LOVE the fly market!

Some really short RAM mount stalks.

Infinity grip for "Junior" (but ACS will ship it home - it'll be there before we are...)

A bunch of little stuff, this and that...

And oh yeah, an RV-6 painted blue and white, with VAF markings and a kick-butt new instrument panel! :)

Stuff

Upgraded my Trio EZ pilot to a ProPilot

Lot of nuts, bolts and screws from the fly-mart

Traded the my wife's old ANR headset for a Lightspeed Zulu

Many free T-shirts. Next year I'm hoping for shorts.

Ford straw hat.

• A couple of big bags of hardware from the awesome folks at B&B Aircraft Supplies. (Anybody else just love shopping in that tent?)

• A SteinAir hat and shirt. (Thanks, Stein!)

• Pen holders for the cockpit.

• Sunburned feet, from the day I forgot to put on sunblock before I put on my sandals.

• 400 unsold T-shirts. (Ugh.)

• About 1000 great photos.

• At least a dozen new friends.

• Hundreds of great memories.

1) Two pairs of QT Halo headsets.
One for the wife and one for me.​
2) A real 90 degree pneumatic drill from Avery.
Plus a few other tools like safety pliers, etc.​
3) A complete Andair Fuel Systems. Valve, Filter, and Pump.
Valve needs to be shipped.​

Lots of gifts for all the aviator friends that couldn't make the trip.

And how can I forget a really sexy Stein shirt.

I think I set a new record (for me) for least amount spent at Oshkosh. $22 for the week. Bought some aluminum polish and two rags in the FlyMart (want to see how polished aluminum works), some heat shrink tubing, and a hemostat.

I did test out the new Bose headsets. I'll be getting a pair before first flight.

I think I set a new record (for me) for least amount spent at Oshkosh. $22 for the week. Bought some aluminum polish and two rags in the FlyMart (want to see how polished aluminum works), some heat shrink tubing, and a hemostat.

I did test out the new Bose headsets. I'll be getting a pair before first flight.

Bob,

I thought my ANR kit spending was thrifty... how did you manage only $22? You are still in the building stage... that's when I would haul stuff back from Oshkosh!

I also tested the new Bose. We both liked them... except the price.

This Airventure was different for us, as it was more about relaxing and socializing. Other years was all about selecting products and checking other people's planes for construction details. Now it was our turn to play host to some builders with questions. A different phase in an airplane builder's life I guess.

Keep pounding those rivets guys (gals), it is so well worth it when you can accomplish a 14 hour car trip to Oshkosh with a 4 hour flight.

Your forgetting something

1) Two pairs of QT Halo headsets.
One for the wife and one for me.​
2) A real 90 degree pneumatic drill from Avery.
Plus a few other tools like safety pliers, etc.​
3) A complete Andair Fuel Systems. Valve, Filter, and Pump.
Valve needs to be shipped.​

Lots of gifts for all the aviator friends that couldn't make the trip.

And how can I forget a really sexy Stein shirt.

How bout that demo ride you took in the factory 10? That memory will last longer than that sexy Stein shirt. :D

It was expensive..

10" skyview and the pretty black boxes and wire harnesses
garmin gtx 327
mgl v10 comm and harness
key switch
airgizmo av80r dock
lots of stuff from the two hardware tents
$19 wooden rv6a model, bless them folks it Taiwan, its sure nice for $20.

Three cases of shell oil. Somehow it was fun buying my first boxes of airplane oil and also getting the free golf cart ride delivery to my trailer. :D

It was expensive this year but the end is in sight.

No love shopping for the 406 elt, and couldnt pull the trigger on the second dynon screen or autopilot yet. Apparently that will be phase 2.