macrafic

Well Known Member
Having just completed installing the Andair fuel pump, filter and selector, I thought I would pass along the list of additional items you would need to order from Van's to complete the installation. Basically, Andair's kit only replaces some of the items in Vans F.I. Pump Install kit. You will still need other items from that kit to complete your installation. Here is the complete list:

- AT0-035X3/8X18 Soft Tube Aluminum (filter to selector) $3.15
- AT0-035X3/8X24 Soft Tube Aluminum (pump to firewall bulkhead) $3.48
- F-7115-L Fuel Pump Side Cover $8.45
- F-7115-R Fuel Pump Side Cover $8.45
- F-7115C Fuel Pump Cover $13.50
- AN823-6D Elbow 45Deg tube-pipe (to connect to firewall bulkhead) $7.18
- 4 AN818-6D Flare coupling nuts (for all the tube/connector transitions) $3.36
- 4 AN819-6D Flare coupling sleeves (tube/connector transitions) $2.56
- DWG OP-21 F.I. pump install instructions $3.00

Hope this saves some research time for some folks!

Thanks Rich
Just bought Andair fuel valve for my 9a QB from Vans and just got in on group buy with pump and fuel filter and installation kit from Andair. Are you installing a IO 320? I think I'am about 2 months behind you. Do you have any pics at what these extra items look like installed. Thanks for posting the items needed.

Ron,Oregon

Thanks Rich
Just bought Andair fuel valve for my 9a QB from Vans and just got in on group buy with pump and fuel filter and installation kit from Andair. Are you installing a IO 320? I think I'am about 2 months behind you. Do you have any pics at what these extra items look like installed. Thanks for posting the items needed.

Ron,Oregon

Ron, I haven't taken pictures yet. However, if you go to the VAF link
http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=44887, you can see pics of the housing that covers the fuel pump and filter. This, and some fuel line connectors are what comprise the list that I included in the forum.

Andair Filter & Selector Valve?

Rich,
I went for the Andair group buy as well. But, . . . made no decision on their selector valve and filter. Are there some compelling reasons to consider the extra's? I am about to do the riveting required to "roll the canoe".

I am slower than molasses on my 9A but am quite dedicated to daily immersion in the build process.

Kim Roberts
Thompson Falls, MT

Rich,
I went for the Andair group buy as well. But, . . . made no decision on their selector valve and filter. Are there some compelling reasons to consider the extra's? I am about to do the riveting required to "roll the canoe".

I am slower than molasses on my 9A but am quite dedicated to daily immersion in the build process.

Kim Roberts
Thompson Falls, MT

Kim, search elsewhere in the forums; there is quite a bit of information about this. Basically, the prevailing opinion seems to be that the Andair fuel selector is well-worth the extra money (although the newer Van's selector, with a 3rd party "knob" seems to be working well for a lot of people). The advantage of the Andair fuel pump and filter is much less tubing to make, simpler setup, lower profile (so you can cut the housing down, if you want). Basically, a personal choice.

Installing Andair Pump

I'm installing the Andair Pump now and I have some photos on

www.mykitlog.com/sglynn.

You'll notice I cut down the size of the cover from Van's. Van's is for covering a lot of plumbing used with their pump. Andair pump is simplier and you can cut the cover down about 50% which I think will be good for leg room. Also you'll end up wondering how much of the cover to rivet together as a unit. I ended up with the three sided cover plus the part that goes under the valve as one riveted assembly.

I'm pondering now where to penetrate thru the firewall and what fitting to use to do that firewall penetration.

Also I'm contemplating on re-doing my fuel lines with connectors instead of a single tub because the single tub is kind of wiggle and not smooth.