danielhv

Well Known Member
Fixing to order the pitot static kit from safeair1... also getting the AOA kit... Anything else I need? Pitot mast? Alternate static? Additional fittings? Not 100% sure what the panel is going to have, but I WILL have an EFIS (leaning towards Dynon)

Thanks for the input... just trying to place my order only once! :D

Pitot Static

I installed a Gretz pitot mounting kit (RV Chrome Bracket Kit (AN5812) P/N 10-01950) from Spruce; it's a good kit-well made with good instructions. Safeair also offers a pitot mount kit that looks good.

Whether or not you need an alternate static source depends on how you intend to use your plane...if you plan on IFR then I'd put one in.

The SafeAir kits come with plenty of connectors. The quick disconnect kit provides plugs so you don't need to worry about bugs clogging up your plumbing during the build. Steinair also has additional connectors on their Beta website.

Mike

For me that look like festo fitting they are sopous to be used with air but in my case and other we used them with micro turbines engine (for rc planes) with very good result no leaks, try festo is a very good brand/quality www.festo.com

I got the tubing kits and the pitot mount from them. Great service and highly recommended. The mount fits the Dynon pitot just fine. You will need some extra snap bushings for the AOA tubing run, but that is about all.

safeair1

Dan, I ordered the items you're thinking of (except the alt static kit) I really like the static kit (just prosealed it to the inboard skin / two sides, as per Vans) Thier pitot kit/AOA kit is super easy to install. I went with several extra 90* and tees as well to attach to various instuments. Safeair1 fittings are assured to fit their own tubing. I suppose you could purchase extra fittings and tubing from differtent vendors that may likely fit as others here have suggested, but I don't see any commitment to our home built A/C industry let alone aviation in general. Just a thought.
Regards