N941WR

Legacy Member
This afternoon we took our son to the North Carolina Transportation Museum. While it is mostly dedicated to trains, they do have some aircraft, including a DC-3 they are restoring for static display.

One of the things that caught my son's attention was a cockpit mockup that he could sit in, flip switches, move the stick around, etc.

I wonder if the members of this forum can identify some of the items used in this cockpit.

2012-08-11_14-56-35_586.jpg

A lot of the stuff is from an F-16. Some of the panels and the MFD's. I can see the interior and exterior lighting panel, audio panel, ecs panel, b/u UHF radio, UFC, countermeasures panel. An old GM a/c control.

Last edited:
This afternoon we took our son to the North Carolina Transportation Museum. While it is mostly dedicated to trains, they do have some aircraft, including a DC-3 they are restoring for static display.

One of the things that caught my son's attention was a cockpit mockup that he could sit in, flip switches, move the stick around, etc.

I wonder if the members of this forum can identify some of the items used in this cockpit.

2012-08-11_14-56-35_586.jpg

The black panel directly in front of the stick looks like it came out of a '73 Ford Pinto (don't ask how I know...) :D