N941WR

Legacy Member
... When my Cessna friends look at my panel with three screens for less than the cost of "steam" they drool at first and then get angry because they can't do the same...
After reading Mr. Nomad's (Barry) comment in another thread, I wonder what the rest of you have heard regarding your glass cockpits.

As simple as mine is, Dynon D100 EFIS, D10 EMS, Dynon Auto Pilot, Garmin 496 w/ weather I have heard the following:

"They are putting glass in homebuilts now?" - FAA inspector

"I can't believe you have weather in this and your navigation suite is better than what I had in the B1." - Friend and form AF Captain

Speechless....

The guys who fly the T-38N at work are pretty much speechless with the capabilities I have in the Valkyrie - and I don't even have WAAS (yet).

In general, a good mid-range Experimental EFIS coupled to an IFR GPS and redundant Comm will beat out many of the front-line fighters that a lot of our guys were flying before they came to the space program.:D

Oh you mean

They had things like vacuum pumps and mechanical gyro's...

I honestly can't imaging flying behind that stuff in IMC anymore.

Frank

A Delta Captain......

.....runs the FBO at Jekyll Island and when he saw my real time wx on the 496, he said, "Pierre, I don't even have that in the B777 I fly to Europe!" They only have forward-looking radar but can't see anything beyond that....we can.

Yep, good times indeed, but the really, really good stuff is coming!

Regards,