mcattell

Well Known Member
...and a few 1940 Taylorcraft parts. A LITTLE FARM ART!! :D

FarmArt.jpg

I thought everyone knew

I thought it was common knowledge that they make a good hat. Especially if you are trying to mimic a Viking.
j7w4dc.jpg

I had a spare spinner once for an Aircoupe. The mechanic's 8-year old kid used it for a Viking helmet.

The point goes out? ;-)

Wow, all this time I had it backwards...'L-I-B!

glass%25201%2520with%2520peel%2520ply%2520sm.JPG

OK, maybe its not a Van's spinner, but a CF spinner from Mark's spare parts bin at Team Rocket...and maybe it was just serving duty as a nice mold to hold the inner portion of wrapped-around glass on the cowl extension I did to accomodate the change from a 12" Lyc spinner to a 13" Vans spinner (backplate on the Van's was about an inch narrower than the Lyc...made for a major gap to be filled!)

But I did find a very nice use for another VAF gent's spare Vans spinner...fit nicely on the James Ram Air/Rocket Six "longnose" mod...

Cowl%2520done%25201sm.JPG

Paint to go...though Sig 600 says he likes it as is...looks like his Ducati. ;)

Being half Norwegian however, I definitely need to find some horns for that CF spinner! "What's in your wallet?" :D

Cheers,
Bob

Spinner

I'd like to buy one if someone has an unaltered one they're not using. Mine was damaged in an altereation attempt gone wrong. I have the plates and the other parts. I'll gladly give you my old one so you're straw man doesn't lose face! :D

I thought it was common knowledge that they make a good hat. Especially if you are trying to mimic a Viking.
j7w4dc.jpg

Don,

I got the suit that goes along with the hat!

Cowling man.jpg

Man, is it hot in there!!! REALLY! I could hardly wait for the picture to be snapped so I could get out of there. Imagine how the engine feels!?!

:p CJ

Last edited: