ged380

I am at the point in my build I need to buy and fit the switches that will live in my dash and operate the lights, master, avionics etc. I want to use rocker switches and I want the switch to be labled either with writing or a picture. I have been looking around but there are a lot of choices and I'm not sure which way to go.
What have people used and would they use them again?
Post pics if you have them.

yeah, what he said...

I'll second Mike's post above. I really like the look and feel of these backlit switches (Honeywell AML54). I can't attest to the long term quality, though, because I'm still in phase I. They've certainly held up in my first 5 hours! :)

Ged,

I was lazy so I went with breaker/switches as much as I could. They make for easy installations and can be replaced by any FBO, if needed.

The rocker switches do look cool but it is so much easier to drill a hole than file a rectangular opening for each switch.

One thought for you, I used textured paint on my panel, this limited my labeling options and eventually I went with the Decal Pro. The results were great but it has a good learning curve.

toggle switches

I found some mil spec short bat toggle switches at a local surplus store.

They were brand new for about $1 a piece.

I also used fuses/holders that were about the same price.

I labeled my panel with ACS labels. I tried to get them on straight and use the same size lettering so it wouldn't resemble a ransom note:D

Call me cheap.....

Dave
-9A FWF kit
N514R