skidmk

Well Known Member
Okay,,, had my "precover" inspection this week,, so I'm now in the process of finalizing the tail and closing up the wings.

heres the rub... quickly installed the rudder on the VS (just to see how cool it is)... all of the "eyes" on the rudder are measured from the front web of the spar to specs on the plans to the center of the bearing. specifically:
bottom=1.047 middle .922 and top .797.

Okay, why does the top of the rudder rub on the VS?

M

I had some issues with those dimensions too. To get the three bearing points aligned and ensuring that the rudder counter weight section is perfectly parrallel to the top of the VS I ended up deviating from the drawings dimensions. I would be interested in hearing about others experiences.

I have a feeling that I will be adjusting those bearings again after the VS is mounted on the fuse.

-Ron

The measurements are just a starting point--I treated them as a maximum. My bottom rod end had to be screwed in far more than the dwgs suggested. It was kind of strange because the top two were pretty much spot on and my rudder and HS spars are arrow straight. Sounds like your's is the same. Good luck.

my top and bottom heim bearing worked out at the dimensions on the drawing. I had to adjust the center bearing (outward?) to make it fit and prevent binding. I think this is normal, especially for non-matched hole tail kits.

Karl