az_gila

Well Known Member
I bought a new O-360 Baffle kit from Vans and after checking the parts they seemed to have shipped a CB-1007A "RHT.AFT CASE BAFFLE" instead of the CB-707A part (same name) that is listed on the OP-40 instructions.

It has a large oval hole in it, and a missing mounting hole near the mounting bolt -

rear-baffle%20CB-10007A_zpsljfqwztg.jpg

Does anyone know where this specific 1007A part is used?

Will it work for an O-360 if I rivet a plate over the hole, or do I need a new part?

Hi Gil,
That hole is for the Lord mount on a 6 cylinder. The geometry is different than the 4 cylinders and the result is the Lord mount sticks well into the baffle on the RV-10. As you corectly identified, you have an RV-10 baffle part.

Hi Gil,
That hole is for the Lord mount on a 6 cylinder. The geometry is different than the 4 cylinders and the result is the Lord mount sticks well into the baffle on the RV-10. As you correctly identified, you have an RV-10 baffle part.

Thanks Bill, that makes sense. As always, I seem to find these things late on a Friday afternoon. :)

If I can find an unused one locally I guess I could use it as a template, make a new 'backplate' portion and rivet it on just above the top long bend.

Last edited:
The angled bit didn't look wide enough for the 2 inch hole specified in the instructions so the correct part is on it's way from Vans. :)