dbuds2

Well Known Member
Let me thank you in advance for your replies, I love this site and all you builder with experience.

I have the newer match drilled RV8 fuselage kit and have been planning the wiring routing. Can someone help me with what some of these holes are:

img35001nl9.jpg

#3 is two holes with nut plates on the firewall angle
#4 is also two holes with nut plates on the firewall angle just above the throttle/mixture/prop holes
#5 is a small, looks like a tooling hole just right of cable holes.
#6 is about a 1/2" hole down low, maybe for 2AWG battery cable (rear Batt), and
there are 2 small holes left and right of main heater box hole, assume for mounting the heater box.

I'm planning to drill:
#1 for mags and alt
#2 use as is for starter contactor and could also fit 2awg battery cable.

brake reservoir ?

I'm building a RV7 but the #4 holes look like the brake reservoir connection point

Dave

#3 are for Adel clamps to support the oil pressure lines. I also supported a run of wiring here using separate Adel clamps.

#4 are for the brake reservoir as previously noted.

#5 Is a pilot hole for one of the engine controls if you are using a CS prop. It will get enlarged if you are using a CS prop. Otherwise, it gets filled with something (rivet with proseal)

#6 if for the fuel line. It will get a bulkhead fitting.

Cheers,
Guy

DWG OP 34-firewall

DWG OP 34 is the plan for the RV8/8A firewall for an IO-360. $3 from Van's; it shows all where all the firewall goodies get mounted, what hardware is required, etc.
Mike

Last edited: