DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
Presently have a D 180 installed in my RV9 . I would like to install another screen device to be able to direct the engine monitoring screen on to and still have the ability to use the 1/3 and 2/3 screen set up as presently on the 180 for EFIS AND HSI . I like the security of having the fuel levels, volts, oil Press and Temp visible. Is there a Dynon product or other that will communicate with the D 180 to allow me to do that short of another D180 or another complete separate device with sensors. I would prefer the screen size of the second to be smaller than the 7 inch. ??

You can add a D10A and network it with the D180 and do what you want. This will also give you a redundant EFIS.

It could look like this:

EFISD10A-Header.gif

You can share engine data from the D180 to display a screen similar to this:

d10%20full%20ems.gif

We don't make any "standalone" screens that are designed to only receive info from another screen.

You cheapest option to get another display is to actually sell the D180, and then buy a D100 and an EMS-D10, which gives you one 7" screen and one 4" screen. This setup has no redundancy, but does have a lot of glass area. The D180 is $3,400 and the D100+D10 is $4,100. The wiring is the same for the EMS-D10 as it is for the D180 so there would be almost no re-work needed on the wiring side.

If you want to keep the D180, then an EFIS-D10A is your cheapest option. This is $2,200. This will give you the ability to put any data on any screen, and will also give you a full EFIS backup as brantel mentioned.

Thanks

I like that" best 'option as mentioned. I need to start looking for a EFIS D10A and believe I would be able to use the com connection wires supplied in the D180 harness from Stein for this interface to the second . Thanks for the quick response on the thread. / DRR