vic syracuse

Well Known Member
I had a really great day with RV's today, which happened to be my 55th birthday. We started the day with an Angel Flight from LaGrange, Georgia to Winston-Salem, North Carolina in our RV-10. From there we headed to Barnswell, South Carolina to inspect Carl Bell's RV-7A. Carl's workmanship was impeccable. And on top of that he designed a system for his RV which allows him to control the rudders with his one good leg, and added a braking system to use with his right hand. Very impressive!
These RV's really cover some territory. About 5.5 hours of flying today, at altitudes up to 12000', able to circumnavigate some t-storms without too much difficulty, and had a really smooth flight for everyone! What a day. I will treasure it always.

So, as a reminder, Angel Flight of Georgia http://www.angelflightsoars.org/index.htm
does allow Experimentals (must be IFR equipped), so for those of you who are equipped and have the time, it really is wonderful to share our airplanes with those who are in need of transportation.

Vic
IMG_2083_1.jpg

IMG_2085_3.jpg

Happy Birthday Vic! Sounds like a wonderful day, indeed. I am most interested to hear that Angel Flight will allow experimental airplanes. I had been told some time ago that this was not the case and I am glad to find out differently.
I am going to get in touch with the organization.

Happy Birthday Vic.

My RV10 is going a little slow as we transition from Alabama to Tampa. I hope to be ready for your inspection by the end of August.

Pat Stewart

Happy Birthday Vic! Good to see you're not letting the grass grow under your wheels....so have you snagged a ride in that Waco yet?! :)

Happy Birthday Young Pup

Now that is a great way to celebrate. Sorry we missed your shindig last weekend. Keep things on track until we get back there next fall.

Gary Specketer

Belated congrats on the birthday, Vic! You've already accomplished more in 55 yrs than most people would if given two or three lifetimes!

John Kirby

Thanks....

for all of your best wishes. Mine and Carol's goal was to get some of you thinking about Angel Flights, and it appears we have been successful. Besides all of the wealth of knowledge on this board/RV community, the charitable side never ceases to amaze me. I'm very glad to be a part of it.

Vic

Happy Birthday

Hey Vic,
You da Man. I just hope I look half as good as you, when I am twice your age.
Best regards,
Bernie Ockuly
RV7A, N914E, 660 hrs, 1,420 landings, 1,636 rolls, 135 gallons of smoke oil,
since 9/11/2005

It flew on Monday!

I had a really great day with RV's today, which happened to be my 55th birthday. We started the day with an Angel Flight from LaGrange, Georgia to Winston-Salem, North Carolina in our RV-10. From there we headed to Barnswell, South Carolina to inspect Carl Bell's RV-7A. Carl's workmanship was impeccable. And on top of that he designed a system for his RV which allows him to control the rudders with his one good leg, and added a braking system to use with his right hand. Very impressive!
These RV's really cover some territory. About 5.5 hours of flying today, at altitudes up to 12000', able to circumnavigate some t-storms without too much difficulty, and had a really smooth flight for everyone! What a day. I will treasure it always.

IMG_2085_3.jpg

Carl called me to let me know that his airplane was ready to fly, so I went over to Barnwell, S.C. on my way to Edisto Beach and did the test flight.
Only a slightly heavy right wing and reversed aileron trim wires.

So, N947CB has air under her wings:)

Best,