N62XS

Well Known Member
From the time Todd and I touched down Friday around 4:00PM local, to the time we turned back to ABI, Sunday afternoon, was one of the best airplane weekends ever.

Finally got to meet Doug, "IronFlight", "Sky" King, "Builder Doll", "Turbo", "Rosie", as well as others. "CaptainRon" and "Moose" were great guys to compare "notes" with all weekend and at 55 gallons an hour, the T-28 flybys were fantastic. Todd and I also enjoyed dinners with Tucson George. The "Natyoos" were not bad. Great people above as were the others attending. The museum and staff were great, the judges could not be bribed and despite the weather, free beer makes any day sunny!

The best thing was seeing it all go to and for worthy causes. I hope the money goes to many good uses.

Lastly, is pineapple in coleslaw a Texas thang? Next thing you know they will be using beef at the bar-b-q. Whole thin smells kinda piggy to me.

Thanks a million. Will be in the United States of Texas to pick up my bird Friday and Saturday.

What he said...

Back at you Robby & Todd, it was a great time. Great meeting you and so many other wonderful people! My kinda fly-in.

As to your food experiences, perhaps you could edumacate us unsophisticated Southwesterners on more appropriate choices and ways to prepare proper fly-in cuisine. Don't you all cook swamp rodents or something? :eek: And don't ya'll put marshmallows and mayonnaise in a bowl and call it salad?

George

Marshmellows? Mayo?

Mayo is for tuna salad. Marshmellows are for hot chocolate. Lastly, Pigs in a pit are BAR-B-Q! Cows are STEAK!

Swamp Rodents? Gators, coons, possums, armadillers, squirrels and the others all taste like chicken when properly prepared(tire tracks removed) and you can use the hides for upholstry. Its called using the entire critter! Don't knock t till you try it.

LOE sure was fun. Doug and Red host a great get together with jungle rules!

Enjoy Copperstate.

Critters for upholstery?

I was wondering about your seat coverings, but I thought it would be impolite to ask. Glad now I didn't!

Not Road Kill, but Air Kill?

Ron:

Did you go back and find, then cook that mean sucker that assualted the T-28? I bet it would taste just like chicken and have made a great pillow! Whole critter method.

BTW: Where do you think they get footballs? Pigskin!

BTW 2: What is a deer? A high speed goat!

BTW 3: Did you get home OK?

Look Out!

I'd be careful about taunting the Texans right now Robbie....at least until you get your airplane back! You're liable to find it up on blocks without an engine when you get back to ABI ! :eek: :p

Great to meet you at LOE - let me know if there's anything I can do to help you sort the kinks out of the electronics...assuming, of course, there are any left installed.....

BBQ? In Minnesota, where I was raised, we only got to do that the one month when the sledding was bad... ;)

Paul

Look Out

Robbie, I flew over Abilene, and thought I saw a couple of locals heading towards your airplane with some spray-paint cans.
And no, I haven't made it home yet. I've been stopping at maintenance shops, trying to get someone to fix my wing!

And I thought it was the Pineapple!

As long as it is not Orange and White(Clemson colors), its OK. Was the pineapple a Republicrat idea? Only Doug know and I bet he aint talkin!

BTW If you go to Jaxon's, the Margaritas need more cactus juice.