SMO

Well Known Member
Friend
I put a Dynon EMS-D10 in my RV-4. Here is a picture of the panel as it was when I bought the airplane:

Panel%20Cropped%20web%20size.JPG

And here is the panel after I installed the D10, took out redundant gauges, installed an ADI, G-Meter, and moved the GPS to the panel:

New%20Panel%20Cropped%20web%20size.JPG

Not only did it make lots of space in the panel for other items, but I also have way more information about what the engine is doing than I did before.

Looking good!!

Great job with the new panel! That was a BIG improvement and it must have been alot of work!
Looks really well designed, clean and functional.
And that G-meter is so easy to read and the biggest one I've ever seen! Where did you get it?

Just one question; why did you move the VHF over to the right side? Are you using the left hand on the stick? If so; is the throttle relocated too?

Plesase take no offence, I'm just courious...?

VHF

Alf, I moved the VHF because it was in the way when I got in and out. For some reason on the right side I don't hit it with my leg when getting in and out. Also, I can fly the airplane easily with either hand, but the fine motor skills of my right hand are better for changing frequencies than my left hand.

I believe I got that g-meter off ebay. I know I looked for a long time to get one.

Throttle is on the left in a quadrant with the mixture and prop.

Aha...

Aha. I understand now.
I'll give the radio-tip to a friend of mine. He has also a -4 and he has the same problem. Maybe he'll move his radio too.

Ok about the G-meter. I've a friend who's been looking for a big one too, but it seems that he'll have to continue loooking...

God luck with your "new" plane!

G-Meter available

Alf, I see there is a very similar meter available on the same site I got mine. Price seems high for something not guaranteed - I paid about $70 for mine.

If your friend is interested he should ask the seller why all the needles in the picture are sitting at -5. MAYBE this is the lock position.