maus92

Well Known Member
So a RV-8 I'm looking at has some flavor of a Westach quad gauge installed, with a four-way rotary switch to select the cylinders. Anyway, I plan to replace the panel with a Skyview system. The question is can I use the existing sensors and probes with the Dynon system (I plan to add a Red Cube FF sensor, and a Carb Temp sensor...)

My -6 came with a Westach quad gauge for EGT... I replaced it with an MGL and used the same sensors. The MGL gauge can be configured to take a wide variety of sensors, I suspect any software-driven device like it (ie. Dynon) should be able to adapt as well.

Work the other way around -

Buy the Dynon EGT and CHT sensors now and buy their matching harness. It ends in a 25 pin D-Sub connector. Wire your cheaper analog instrument and switches to this connector.

Page 17 here -

http://www.dynonavionics.com/downloads/Install_Guides/FlightDEK-D180_Installation_Guide_Rev_H.pdf

Since the Dynon sensors are Type J and K thermocouples you should have no trouble finding a compatible analog gauge. The Dynon probes may even be cheaper...:)

When you upgrade the Dynon harness will plug directly into the Skyview EMS unit and speed up the conversion.

Last edited: