posterman

vh3q53.png

Lot's to do and see. Van's will be on-site with demonstrator aircraft and RV's under construction will be on display. Also noteworthy, Rex Daniels in his RV8 will lead two loose formation flight (in-trail) scenic tours of the NorthState at 10 AM and 2 PM. The planned route will take you by Redding's famous Sundial Bridge, then over Shasta Lake from East to West, up and over the Trinity Alps, and a return over Whiskeytown Lake.

For more details go to the calendar posting:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1335&day=2016-10-22&c

Oh Darn, this conflicts with the planned fly-in camping trip to Alpine Co. A/P that Paul Dye and Louise Hose organize.

A great gathering!

This turned out to be a great gathering. Sorry to Paul and Louise, forecast high winds for Sunday in the Carson Valley made me decide to visit Benton instead.

There were just about 30 RV's there, of all flavors. Nice lunch in the hangar, lots of hangar talk.

I didn't do the tour of the mountains. With a light dusting of snow on the Trinities and Marbles and Shasta, I'm sure it was very pretty. Hope no one had engine trouble over all that tiger country.

Hope they do this next year.