rdg

Has anybody had any dealing with Wentworth Aircraft, Crystal, MN? Particularly, have you had any problems with buying a used engine from them?

Ralph Gibson
RV-8A

My father has had dealings with them several times over the last 25 yrs, he had a light aircraft repair business. Never had any problems. I plan to include them in my search for the right engine when the time comes.

I used them for the engine in my first RV-10. No issues at all but that's been a few years ago.

Bob

I purchased my IO-540 V4A5 from them at a great price and great service. Two other builders I know also purchased their engines from them and also had positive experiences.

I did...

I bought an O-360-A4M from them five years ago. They represented the condition accurately, responded in a timely fashon, and sold it at a fair price...
More than 500 hours later, and I'm still happy with the purchase. And they still recognize me at OSH

I bought my IO-540-C4B5 from them back in 2007-2008. They have a good reputation and I would buy from them again.

Integrity.

It's refreshing to know a business that really shoots straight. My buddy bought a mid-time 160 Lyc for his -4 from them. Exactly as advertised...ran well.

Best,

I bought my engine from them, it was a great deal and they gave great service. When the engine arrived, there was no vacuum pump adapter on it, I called them and they shipped one pronto.

I would buy from again no question.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Almost 20 years ago when I was looking for an engine, only Wentworth was willing to spend time with me on the phone to discuss all of the options available to me: New engine, factory rebuild, field rebuild, and of course used engine. While I ended up buying an engine for someone else, I sure was impressed with the service I received as a non-customer.

Valuable Resource It Is!!!!!

....This forum is an unbelievably "Valuable Resource". Not only did you get your original question answered in a timely fashion with full commentary of their experiences, you can get the benefit of suggestions as to alternate sources if you so desire. Just think of what it would be like to be in search of an engine or supplier with no available input, just blind luck! I think the outcome would certainly be less than desirable. This forum is just great and this is but another example of its value. Imagine what it would be like? Without this forum you would not have discovered "AntiSplatAero" and all of our great products for your airplanes. Now that is a really scarey scenario!!! Thanks, Allan...:rolleyes: