Jerry Fischer

Well Known Member
N5183 is flying again & here are some "After" pictures of the right fuel cell rebuild. BTW I'll probably have to drive :)() to OSH this year since I got too much stuff to take
Taping tank for neatness:
dy0j04.jpg

pro sealing the access covers:
2n84tfs.jpg

Applying Ply Finish to bottom wing skin:
10pvnkx.jpg

The Mockingbird on a flight this week to Habersham county (AJR) up in the N Georgia Mountains:
2duxn3l.jpg

Last edited:
So are you flying to the EAA690 pancake breakfast and then on to the KGVL cracker fly-in on Sat.

John Morgan

KAJR

Sorry I missed you at Habersham, must have been in my hangar.
See you tomorrow if you're at GVL.

Last edited:
Its great to hear that at least ONE RV-1 is still flying Jerry!

See you at the show.

RV 1

I hope those tanks hold. I know you have had a lot of trouble getting them repaired.
Have you considered shipping your gear to Oshkosh? Lots of people do.

You MUST fly to OSH!

There are so many RV'rs in Georgia, I can't believe one of them wouldn't offer to take some stuff for you, so you can fly your RV-1 to OSH. I, for one, would like to see it there in person.

RV1...

Shipped my gear to Charlie Becker on Saturday afternoon, he should get it by Wednesday:rolleyes:. & Jay, tanks are doing OK so far after 4 flights. Mannon, good to see you at the Cracker Fly IN. Paul, Don't forget our appointment with Elijah.
John Slemp has been kind enough to take my folding chairs/additional clothes up when he goes, so WX permitting I should be setting the Mockingbird down the afternoon of 7/22 at OSH. See you guys there:D

Last edited:
....so WX permitting I should be setting the Mockingbird down the afternoon of 7/22 at OSH. See you guys there:D

I'll be in OSH at Sonex on the 22nd and 23rd to do some flying - then I go to Minnesota for two days before coming back on Saturday. If I have some time during the Sonex visit, I'll come by and see what kind of trouble you're getting in to - otherwise, we'll see you when the show starts!