gpiney

Well Known Member
I managed to weasel a Sit in a new RV-8 today. Claudio Tonnini's Purple Passion II. I'm 6'4" he's 5'4". He had atleast 2 extra inches of padding in the pilots seat,
but I fit. I was comfortable. My feet were 6-8" beyond the pedals. My knees didn't hit the panel.

I'm Psyched!

Greg Piney
RV-8 2547
Empennage Inventory

I'm happy for you. every other time I get in my 7A I get mad at myself for building a side by side. But then once I'm up at a 1000ft. AGL I start feeling comfortable.

and if I get in with someone who isn't a pilot; I really hate life for a few mins.

I'm 6'2" 230# wide waist and shoulders.

and if someone kicks my circuit breakers on the panel with their foot when they get in.... oh well, it's not a T-28. :)

I am 6'0", 210 lbs and am trying to decide between the RV8 and the RV4. My checkbook says RV4 but I am afraid my body might say RV8. I hope to sit in a few at Sun n Fun. Any tall guys have experience in both airplanes?

gpiney said:
I managed to weasel a Sit in a new RV-8 today. Claudio Tonnini's Purple Passion II. I'm 6'4" he's 5'4". He had atleast 2 extra inches of padding in the pilots seat,
but I fit. I was comfortable. My feet were 6-8" beyond the pedals. My knees didn't hit the panel.

I'm Psyched!

Greg Piney
RV-8 2547
Empennage Inventory

Greg,

Please say "HI" to Claudio for me. He gave me my first ride in the back of Purple Passion I many years ago. I jumped out of Eddie's T-6 and into the back of Claudio's -4 for a ride back to Marlboro. Needless to say, I fit in the T-6 much better than I did in the back of his -4.

Last edited:
sprucemoose said:
Off topic, but is PPII flying yet?

Yes and No.
It is currently down as Claudio is fabbing and fitting an Aux tank behind the baggage compartment. He is also experiencing some carb problems and doesn't trust it. When he does fly, he is staying close to home. He hopes to have everything sorted out by the end of the month.

I must say that PPII is one beautiful bird.

Greg Piney
RV-8 2547
Empennage inventoried.

For those who are wondering, here is a [/ur=home.comcast.net/~raugusty/ClaudiosRV4-project.html]pictures of Purple Passion I[/url].

I couldn't find a picture of PPII but do know it is powered by a Franklyn w/ 220 hp.

If any of you guys have a picture, please post it. - Thanks