C-FAH Q

Well Known Member
Pic of what well balanced set of injectors will do for you. was not up very high, but 146 true on 6gph is sweet. All cylinders peaked within .1gph
11707622894_ea72123112_c.jpg
[/url]TAS 146 kts 6gph by grassy17, on Flickr[/IMG]

Nice balance ! Did you do the restrictor swap-outs, or did you have someone else (e.g. GAMI, AFP) do it?

These are not Gami injectors. I will say, this was not possible until I put an efii ignition in place of my right mag. I had done many tests before with the mags and could never get it to run smoothly. I had tried changing timing slightly on one and both mags but could never achieve the results I wanted. As soon as the efii went in, it came to these numbers.

These are not Gami injectors. I will say, this was not possible until I put an efii ignition in place of my right mag. I had done many tests before with the mags and could never get it to run smoothly. I had tried changing timing slightly on one and both mags but could never achieve the results I wanted. As soon as the efii went in, it came to these numbers.

Easy to get some confusion going here.

I'm sure what you meant to say was that you could never get to 50 LOP with mags...that it would start going rough before you could get that far on the lean side, in particular as altitude increased. Now you can lean to 50 LOP (and probably further) without misfire. It is the advantage gained by firing across a wider gap, and it is very worthwhile if you wish to save fuel.

Electronic ignition has nothing to do with getting all the cylinders to reach peak EGT at the same time. That's a fuel flow issue. Balance is achieved by inserting a very slightly larger or smaller restrictor into each injector body. Different diameter restrictors are available from GAMI, Airflow Performance, and (probably, I've not asked) Precision. Same balancing procedure with all.

Last edited:
Precision told me on the phone "We don't do that. The cheapest thing you will ever put in your plane is avgas." I do like my Precision system, but I am working on balancing the fuel flow with injectors restrictors from Airflow Performance.

There's nobody around who knows more about nozzle tuning than Don at AFP. He's a wonderful resource. :)

I'm sure what you meant to say was that you could never get to 50 LOP with mags...

Kinda obvious, but I am not long winded on a keyboard and give most people the benefit of understanding the short version, as you have done.

LOP Opponents

...The cheapest thing you will ever put in your plane is avgas."

Yeah, this is an old "argument" used by LOP opponents living in a world of OWT's.*

This argument has probably been around since AvGas was 10 cents per gallon!

Skylor

* LOP = Lean Of Peak
OWT's = Old Wive's Tales