N282RV

Well Known Member
I made it to oshkosh this year albeit a day late, I had to help ferry some of our planes back and I was on the grounds yesterday at about 1600 local. I have never been to osh and it wasnt a few days prior or during the convention. To see the North 40 totally empty sans a onesy here and there it was like seeing a ghost town. Most of the tents were still up and workers were filling semi trailers with show equipment, There were many ghost planes there as some of you have shown before, where the planes protected the grass from the sun and the crowds.
Although my absence this year was justified as my latest "homebuilt" showed up on early thur morning 7lb 15oz, my second Daughter arrived, Lillian Rose. Im not sure if you can call kids quick builds or not as the first 9 months sure are fast, the next 18 yrs Im guessing will seem more like the scratch built type. :)
Just thought I would share my 2007 OSH experience. Oh and it didnt go with out a bit of excitement, on take off from 27 in a SR-22 the copilot door came unlatched a bit, it obviously didnt get latched properly prior to take off, a quick left pattern and check and recheck of the doors and I was off again, back home all in a quick late afternoon visit to OSH (I think my shortest yet)

Congratulations! One of those "Quick Builds" is due a week after LOE so I won't be able to go even if I get the slow build done!

<< my latest "homebuilt" showed up on early thur morning 7lb 15oz, my second Daughter arrived, Lillian Rose.>>

Congratulations..but watch out. That model seems to have some sort of major avionics failure at about 14. Everything goes haywire for a few years and then fixes itself <g>

DanHbut watch out. That model seems to have some sort of major avionics failure at about 14. Everything goes haywire for a few years and then fixes itself <g>[/QUOTE said:
Watch it #1, you're hitting a little close to home :p

Congratulations Jeremy - teach her to fly!

DanH said:
That model seems to have some sort of major avionics failure at about 14. Everything goes haywire for a few years and then fixes itself <g>

Well some of them fix themselves...others require a complete new avionics system, and in extreme cases, a whole new airframe. ;)

Present company excluded...welcome back Rhonda!!

LOL that is some funny stuff guys/gal. My first one can be choking on water in the swimming pool and if there is a airliner at 350 she is pointing, choking and trying to say "daddy plane, plane" Im like its ok baby breath then we will look at airplanes... If Lillian is anything like Gracie I think I may have to build a 10 eventually. Gracie will be 3 1/2 next Osh and I may try and take her I think she would love it, took her to a local static airshow and she had a good time, sadly the P-51 that crashed at Osh was there, seems so unreal that one min the plane and builder/pilot are here and the next you know both are gone... too sad.
Thanks for the kudos guys/gal Ill pass them on to the Mrs, she is getting the repairwoman cert on both models, as she was the primary builder :) I was just the bucker.