ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
My GTX 327 is doing something odd. For the first couple of flights, I could turn it on in STBY by pressing the STBY button and it worked no problem. Now, for some reason, when I try to turn it on with STBY, it comes on in ALT. Once in ALT, pressing STBY does nothing. I can press ON after the unit is in ALT and it goes to ON but once there, nothing happens when I press ALT or STBY. It does respond to the OFF button however.

Has anybody ever seen this type of behavior or is there anything I can do to correct this?

During my first few flights, it worked normally including automatically going from STBY to ALT after takeoff. I also know that it responding to an interrogation correctly because I had the installation verified as part of my preps for my Airworthiness Certificate.

Thanks!

It does sound sick. Before calling whoever sold it to you for service, I'd:

Go into the set up menu and make sure everything looks the same as before.
If you have it set to go to ALT and STNDBY automatically with a gps input, try turning that off and see if it now works manually.

If that doesn't work call for service.

I"m at KLVK and have a GTX327. I'd be happy to swap yours into my plane and see if it works there, if you think installation is the issue.

Bob

Yea, I did that. No change.

I kind of don't think it's an installation problem but thanks for the offer.

Do I send it to Garmin for service or take it to a local avionics shop?

I would call the dealer you bought it from, see what they say. Is it still under warantee? If so definitely call the dealer you bought it from. Even if out of warantee they may be able to do something for you.

I would take it to local shop first. I recently had mine overhauled by Garmin, excellent service, but pricey!

The flat rate charge on a 327 is around $575...but if you purchased it new you may very well get it covered under warranty if a good dealer is behind you. You need to get hold of the person you bought it from, or take it to a shop and have it tested before you assume it's broke. It could be, but it could also just be something install or programming related as well.

Just my 2 cents!

Cheers,
Stein

YOW! For that price maybe I'll live with it.

I got it from John Stark so I'm in contact with him.

Thanks.