Where's my check?

I set a goal of 1070 lb when I started my 9A. That was to be with paint and interior. Well, I weighed it yesterday, complete with borrowed interior, and painted and with all the pants, fairings, etc. It came in at 1054! I fugure I have $8100 coming, but don't know who to ask.

Actually, I was a bit surprised since we had added a bunch of "stuff" like 2 axis AP, soundproofing and car radio. BUT we went with the lighter battery, Catto prop and carbon fiber canopy, so it all worked out. VERY preased!

Bob Kelly

Yep I knew this was comming 3 years ago

I did some consulting on that for P&W. I can't comment but losing weight is a good idea. It of course has a VTOL aspect to it, which is what I was looking at. Very interesting plane, but like all new projects (including kit planes) airframe weight seems to grow and is a bane to aircraft performance. Keep it light.

weight, difference!!

Fly a RV8 @ 1060 lb and one @ 1160 lb, the difference is great. More performance in the light one. I have had the pleasure to compare. It makes a better airplane.

Jog, lift weights, quit eating, make yourself lighter, do not add unnessary things to your airplane. It could save your life