Hostage46

Gentlemen,
What is a typical max back seat weight for the 8? Curious how much "bubba" factor for a passenger is allowed. Would the front seat be about on the CG?

If you look at Van's published W&B stuff for the RV-8[A], you'll see that the pilot arm is 91.78". The CG range is 78.70" to 86.82". So in answer to your last question, the pilot sits AFT of the AFT CG LIMIT. The bubba-ier the pilot, the more aft the CG will end up.

If you want to play around with some RV-8[A] W&B scenarios, scroll down and click on any of the RV-8s here: http://www.rvproject.com/wab

That oughtta give you some food for thought in terms of max back seat weight with various engine/prop combos. YMMV.

Bubba factor

dan said:
If you look at Van's published W&B stuff for the RV-8[A], you'll see that the pilot arm is 91.78". The CG range is 78.70" to 86.82". So in answer to your last question, the pilot sits AFT of the AFT CG LIMIT. The bubba-ier the pilot, the more aft the CG will end up.
I'll have to take your word for it, but everything I've heard about the 8 is that it's nose heavy and that the chunkier you are the more it's recommended that you mount your batteries aft of the baggage bay. I'm sure I'm missing something here, so please comment.