woodmanrog

Well Known Member
i have an RV6a model that has to be reweighed. Because of the new front fork it will be difficult to level the plane even by letting air out of the nosewheel. My question: Is it OK to level the plane by raising the tail? I thought that it would be easier by using a jack under the rear tie down ring. Any thoughts.
Woodman

When weighing an A model, I usually set the MLG scales up on some 1.5" pieces of wood (2x10" works well) to level the aircraft.

Last edited:
i have an RV6a model that has to be reweighed. Because of the new front fork it will be difficult to level the plane even by letting air out of the nosewheel. My question: Is it OK to level the plane by raising the tail? I thought that it would be easier by using a jack under the rear tie down ring. Any thoughts.
Woodman

By raising the tail with a jack, you will not get the correct weight of the aircraft on the three points where the aircraft should be weighed. Unless of course, you put a fourth strain gauge sensor under the jack and measure the distance from the reference point to the jack and include this data point in the calculation.