petehowell

Well Known Member
Well 20 years after my QB tanks were built - I got me a weeping rivet. Before I cut the tank open - I think I will try the "force some goo in from the outside" method. I read about the syringe method, but what if we could make that in to a power tool? Rocket Bob mentioned a buddy forcing the goo in with a blow gun. I like this idea and have a blow gun. I also have a 3d printer and highly suspect cad skills. All of this led me to this:

AP1GczPrwyUYNnWQIu-CR_oWuMk4GO7ULhRwJl3SRD-ktO-lAFnLecUrORm3kNFDvyqnKhItPfIrD-CtZ6DDUfvnT6abY1sSfd_s4BbTz_bLUjFE7a2o0yBH72F6TR0_OJuPoBhO6ESImWoJLXtScpc-2tm5TA=w984

It will screw into a cheapie DG-4 blow gun and has an o-ring seal for the skin. Crank up the compressor and force in some goo? Thoughts? Improvements? Favorite goo?

Yes, I know this is Tinkercad and grade school kids are better at it than me........

Thx - Pete

The other option is to drill off the head of the leaking rivet. Punch the tail back into the tank. Goop up a cherrymax rivet with tank sealant and pop it in.

Just go buy one of those kits to repair windshield chips. Basically a syringe and a suction cup. Just thin up some proseal and push it into the rivet, and possibly pull a slight vacuum on the tank?