skelrad

Well Known Member
Friend
I know that the Vans website has builder links on it, but there seem to be quite a few that are not listed there. Is there somewhere on vansairforce that has links to more builder websites? If not, what do you think about having a place on your site for builders to put their links Doug?

Quick and dirty builder web link database solution

Hmmm.

While I think about how to do this most efficiently, I set up a forum for it:
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=95

You'll notice I'm the first (bottom) message. I selected the 'close thread after posting' box so that replies won't be added - making it essencially just a glorified database entry. Lame solution I know...but it's live :) .

If you're registered you can post your own URL (and edit it later if the need arises).

b,
d

Last edited:
One slight flaw. I don't think we can modify the title of the thread we started. For example, I tried to add my name to the thread I made. However, it only changed the title of my post, not the thread. I guess we can just delete the old message and make a new one.

Good point, Dave. I think this is fixed with the next upgrade. Nutshell....if you get the TITLE wrong, it's quickest to just delete your thread and re-create a new one.

b,
d

Dave,

I know the title can be edited, because I forgot the A on mine, and was able to fix it.

Tracy.

I know DR asked us to close the thread but I cant for the life of me see how to do it. Also I cant see how to delete a thread I created. As a result I have two entries on the builder web site forum. Nearly at the botrtom. I asked the moderator to delete but nothing.

Steve..

If I am not mistaken, Doug selected the 'close thread' option (as the admin) when he set-up the new area. In other words, the software allows you to post your initial information (in this case, your builder website) but then by him selecting 'close thread', it doesn't allow for anyone to reply to each posting. Therefore, if you have threads in there, you should be able to delete your entire post/thread, but nobody can reply to them.

I believe this is what Doug is trying to say when he explained the new link area, above.

Hope this helps?

Gary - thanks. I can understand your message rather better than his! Do you know how I can delete the duplicate thread? I cant work it out.

Cheers, Steve.

I'm thinking that since we already enter our home page in our profile, it should be pretty trivial to set up a page that just has a list of all the URL's indexed by username. Should probably display the signature line too since that probably has their name, what they're working on, etc...