idleup

Well Known Member
Anyone know if there are any websites that show on-field or nearby restaurants for general aviation airports?

Fly2lunch

Wow, tried it out on a 100 mile search of my home airport, T67. It gave me 5 results and 3 of the 5 are no longer open. I'm signing up with them and I'll send in the updates and see if they respond to user input.

Input

Wow, tried it out on a 100 mile search of my home airport, T67. It gave me 5 results and 3 of the 5 are no longer open. I'm signing up with them and I'll send in the updates and see if they respond to user input.

A site like Fly2Lunch is only as good as the input it gets. I'm sure that Bryan, "Groucho" on VAF, will welcome the updates to his site.

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAA FAAST Team Member
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

A site like Fly2Lunch is only as good as the input it gets. I'm sure that Bryan, "Groucho" on VAF, will welcome the updates to his site.
Sorry about the false positives on fly2lunch guys. Unfortunately, I can't make visits to every restaurant on the site (although I'd love to!), so like John said, I rely of users to let me know when there are problems.

If there are new restaurants you know of, you can add them by clicking the "Add a restaurant review" link. If a restaurant closes, just leave a 1 star review with a comment including the word "closed" and I'll delete the restaurant from the list.

Thanks!

fly2lunch

Groucho,

I signed up and received an email to confirm my registration but I can't seem to sign on now to give you my updates. It says my user name or password is incorrect.
Help??

(sorry for the fly2lunch support message everyone...gotta get Mike goin' though!)

Mike-

Hmmm, I just dug through the database. It looks liek your username is mrreddick & you clicked on the link in the email to confirm your account. If you were entering mrreddick as your username (and not your email), then I'm not sure why it is failing.

I just created a new test account & it's letting me log in. Something with the site may have gone wrong wrong. If your username/password don't work, can you go here to reset your password - http://www.fly2lunch.com/forgot.php

Thanks,

Sign In to fly2lunch

(sorry for the fly2lunch support message everyone...gotta get Mike goin' though!)

I just created a new test account & it's letting me log in. Something with the site may have gone wrong wrong. If your username/password don't work, can you go here to reset your password - http://www.fly2lunch.com/forgot.php

Thanks,

Groucho,

Thanks, it let me in and I made 3 updates. I then went and changed my password from the temp you sent me and it works fine now! I'll do my best to help you keep the info current, at least for our North Texas area.