Bryan Wood

Well Known Member
Does anybody out there have a good answer to the air leaks us RVers get to enjoy with our planes? I'd like to weather strip, etc. to cure the cold air from getting into the cabin with us at higher altitudes, or on just really cold days.

1. For a slider, what product works well to seal under the rear canopy skirt? Where do you buy this product?

2. The cold air that shoots up through the control stick boot seems like a hard one to fix. Has anybody had luck with this?

3. The plastic eyeball vents leak when closed. Any ideas? How about those chrome snap in caps that they sell at hardware stores, has anybody tried to seal the vents with those? If so where did you find caps that large?

Thanks for the help. Any other ideas would greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Bryan Wood said:
Does anybody out there have a good answer to the air leaks us RVers get to enjoy with our planes? I'd like to weather strip, etc. to cure the cold air from getting into the cabin with us at higher altitudes, or on just really cold days.

1. For a slider, what product works well to seal under the rear canopy skirt? Where do you buy this product?

2. The cold air that shoots up through the control stick boot seems like a hard one to fix. Has anybody had luck with this?

3. The plastic eyeball vents leak when closed. Any ideas? How about those chrome snap in caps that they sell at hardware stores, has anybody tried to seal the vents with those? If so where did you find caps that large?

Thanks for the help. Any other ideas would greatly appreciated.

Bryan
For your number 2, something like this came to mind.
I am sure you could find a better fitting boot but this is just to trigger a line of thought.
http://www.performancedepot.com/productdisplay.html?sku=581415&hdwt=31101&loc=101&dealer=

-mike

Cold Air Stoppers

You Can Install Boots On The Aileron Control Rods Where The Pass Through The Fuselage.