Flying Canada, eh!

Great post, eh! Your flight may not have gone the way you wanted it to, but it went exactly how I wanted it to: I just sat and watched! I noticed several things:

1) Great glacial geology!! Amazing what thick moving ice can do! And mirror lakes! Beauty!

2) You do what I also do and call out, on my initial contact, when to expect to see me over the field. I wish EVERYONE would do that. If I am in the Cub, I call 5 miles out (having monitored at 10 miles out) that I will be there in about 5 minutes. In SuzieQ: I call about 10 miles out and will be there in about 5 minutes. That way anyone listening will know when to watch for me. Problem is, when one hears "Experimental 35 Echo", one has no idea if its a Zenair, Glasair, Blowair. Is it going 75 or 175? Be there in 5 minutes......:)

3) Being left-handed must be helpful flying with your left hand. I was blessed with being ambidextrous and can do either but, being born and raised on tandem, prefer left throttle, right stick. I've seen some side-by-sides with the PIC in the right seat.

4) GO LEAFS! Nice hat!

3) Being left-handed must be helpful flying with your left hand. I was blessed with being ambidextrous and can do either but, being born and raised on tandem, prefer left throttle, right stick. I've seen some side-by-sides with the PIC in the right seat.
!
As a cfi, I had to learn to fly from either seat. I am very much right-handed. Curiously, manipulating the yoke or stick with either hand seemed easy. It was the other hand - on the throttle, or, especially, manual trim - where using my left hand just doesn’t seem quite as natural as the right hand. And of course, copying clearances while flying right seat is an adventure. I can’t write at all with my left hand.

Flying with either hand.....

As a cfi, I had to learn to fly from either seat. I am very much right-handed. Curiously, manipulating the yoke or stick with either hand seemed easy. It was the other hand - on the throttle, or, especially, manual trim - where using my left hand just doesn’t seem quite as natural as the right hand. And of course, copying clearances while flying right seat is an adventure. I can’t write at all with my left hand.

I have known people who were severely right or left handed and the other hand was strictly for decoration and to hand the dominant hand things to do! :D I thought everyone was ambidextrous when I was younger. I inherited that (and other really cool things!) from my Dad. I can write with my left hand if I have to but it ain't pretty! My knee board rides on my left leg and brief notes are easier with my left. Oddly enough, I find flying a yoke with my left hand is easier than my right. But prefer the stick in my right hand. It's handy being able to do either. If I'm hammering, sometimes I have to pause and see which hand the hammer is in as I am more accurate with my right.....:p