Geico266

Well Known Member
We have words to describe things that are unique to aviation. Solo, private, instrument, experimental, RV, etc.

What word would describe a pilot that has flown in all 50 states?

Valadism? :rolleyes:
Rosie qualified? :D I'm honored but am missing Hawaii!, Rosie
Fifty8tor? :D
Lost? ;)

While in Maui my wife and I rented a 172 and did a T&G to complete flying in all fifty states. :D

All in RVs except Hawaii. Next time we go I'm gonna borrow someone's RV. ;)

Can you think of another word we can invent to describe flying in all 50 states?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you think of another word we can invent to describe flying in all 50 states?[/QUOTE]

I can think of two.

Lucky, and Experienced..

Over the years I have taken off and landed in all 50 states and US territories. Except for Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands.. That's a long leg for an RV.

I'd call that Lucky..

Last edited:
Nearly done! Only Australia to go. ;)

I've often thought about shipping my RV down there, flying around for a few weeks and then selling it. That would make a great vacation! (And it would give me an excuse to build another one when I return home.)

Australia

....Best vacation I ever had. Spent nearly 2 weeks down under and flew all over the south east quarter of the country. Amazing scenery and awesome
people.

Maybe an RV patch that simply has "AllState" on it with a VAF Family Crest shape and background. Maybe Paul Tuttle could sketch one and DR could Award them (with appropriate documentation"

Then the 200kt patch,

and more . . .

Maybe an RV patch that simply has "AllState" on it with a VAF Family Crest shape and background. Maybe Paul Tuttle could sketch one and DR could Award them (with appropriate documentation"

Then the 200kt patch,

and more . . .

Cool idea....I like it. We need these. Inspiring people to fly for sure! A small sticker for the side of your plane.

Suggested RV "Rank" List:

Okay, someone had to do this...

Here's the way I see a "Rank" List for the RV flyer. These 20 ranks could be used for patches, stickers on a plane, or just bragging rights...

RV "Ranking" List: (lowest to highest? :D) all in an RV

1) "Lurker" - self explanatory
2) "Quick Builder" - self explanatory
3) "Slow Builder" - self explanatory
4) "Plans Builder" - self explanatory
5) "Buyer Flyer" - bought a flying project
6) "Builder Flyer" - built a flying project
7) "Flap Jack" - PIC, full stop, to 5 different breakfast fly ins
8) "Stripper" - PIC, full stop, to 5 different grass strips
9) "SUN'er" - PIC, full stop, into Sun & Fun
10)"KOSH'er" - PIC, full stop, into KOSH during Airventure
11) "Interstater" - PIC, full stop, to at least 5 different states (not including home state)
12) "Yeager" - PIC, documented 200kts+
13) "Looper" - PIC, 3 aerobatic flights
14) "Nugget" - PIC, 200nm minimum over-water distance
15) "Waldo" - PIC, 3 aerobatic formation flights (as team member)
16) "Bagger" - PIC, full stop, international
17) "Hoover" - PIC, 3 aerobatic formation flights (as lead)
18) "Lindbergh" - PIC, full stop, international, 500nm minimum over-water distance
19) "Statesman" - PIC, full stop, all 50 US states
20) "Boss" - PIC, around the world flight

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
You need to add one for Mile High. That is probably the most difficult off all to acheive as PIC in an RV.