judoka5051

Well Known Member
Hey All,

I must be missing something! I've been looking at the fastener callout for the WD808 seatback support, and it calls for rivets and nut/bolt fasteners. At first glance I thought the nut/bolt combo was to keep the part removeable, but I see that it's riveted all the way through. So, if it doesn't come off, why the bolts instead of rivets throughout?

Thanks, Lance

PS I haven't forgotted about you Bud, I still don't have the bipe back together! Found a bigger engine for it and started fooling with that too.

WD808

I just installed mine and the mounting plates did not fit perfectly flat against the side plates. By using bolts, the 2 parts can be pulled tight againt each other. The ones between the bulkheads in paticular would be real difficult to pull together with rivets.

I just installed mine and the mounting plates did not fit perfectly flat against the side plates. By using bolts, the 2 parts can be pulled tight againt each other. The ones between the bulkheads in paticular would be real difficult to pull together with rivets.

Maybe the fact that the bolts are much stronger than -4 rivets. I think Vans trys to keep us from having to set a rivet any bigger, and just opts for a different fastener when strength is needed.