eric_marsh

Well Known Member
I'm at the point of mounting the WD-415, which holds the trim tab cable. Looking at my drawing (RV-6) I see that that it is mounted to the bottom of the elevator (with the nut going to the inside) and uses LP4-3 rivets (which I'm not finding) to hold it in place.

Any idea why? It seems like it would be cleaner to mount it on the inside with an AN-426 AD4-3.

I'm at the point of mounting the WD-415, which holds the trim tab cable. Looking at my drawing (RV-6) I see that that it is mounted to the bottom of the elevator (with the nut going to the inside) and uses LP4-3 rivets (which I'm not finding) to hold it in place.

Any idea why? It seems like it would be cleaner to mount it on the inside with an AN-426 AD4-3.

Rivets to E-616 cover plate. When installed, it will be inside and mounted on the bottom. Understand how the trim cable is installed and you will understand when to install WD-415, and why van wants you to use these rivets.

Be sure to look at Van's SB's on the WD-415...

...there is a newer one that has welds on BOTH SIDES of the nut. The original has a weld on only one side. (must have been a problem somewhere...)

...there is a newer one that has welds on BOTH SIDES of the nut. The original has a weld on only one side. (must have been a problem somewhere...)

I'll have to look at mine. I've got a tig welder and can touch up the other side easily enough. I found some other messages about the part so I guess I'm not the first to ask.

Last edited: