Scott Will

Well Known Member
Sent my three forms to the FAA on May 4. I've been watching the FAA registry website for my n-number on a day-by-day basis just to see it's trip through 'the system'. They cashed my $5 check and today the website says this for N410S

This aircraft's registration status may not be suitable for operation.

Please contact the Aircraft Registration Branch at 1-866-762-9434 for additional information.​

Hope this just means they are still working on it and I didn't screw up the paperwork. Does it seem right?

We've had quite a few registrations come up with this secenaro lately in both amateur-built and Light-sport aircraft. You need to give them a call.

if you click continue, you'll see Status in red.. not sure if that's the "problem" -- whatever Assigned A/B means?

N410S has multiple records

Aircraft Description

Serial Number 71947 Type Registration Unknown
Manufacturer Name WILL SCOTT E Certificate Issue Date None
Model VANS RV-7A Status Assigned A/B
Type Aircraft Fixed Wing Single-Engine Type Engine Reciprocating
Pending Number Change None Dealer No
Date Change Authorized None Mode S Code 51152660
MFR Year None Fractional Owner NO

Phew... thanks Radomir!

Looks like I might have filled out the papers correctly after all. I thought clicking continue meant just go back to the start page.

Time of the month

Okay,it's the truth. I learned from one of my neighbors that works for the FAA that it is very dependent on when the application arrives.

I sent mine in and got it back in 13 days. Unfortunately, it was the it was the tail number I had reserved two years earlier. A year earlier I reserved a new one. All the paper work was in the new one but for some reason it was assigned the old one. I called and they said it would be ready in 4 weeks. Since I was ready to fly I used the one assigned. When the new one arrived I switched. The AOPA lady assigned to the FAA confirmed that they work on their own schedule.

My neighbor even told me the will backlog stuff so they can work overtime!!!! Talk about the Fleecing of America.

Send it in plenty early.