Ron B.

Well Known Member
At Sun n Fun three years ago we (group of four) purchased a Zaon XRX. We wanted the unit to come on when activating the master switch so we had the mod done at their factory We did not pick up the unit at the show.
As purchases were recieved at my hangar I would do an inventory to make sure the item was there and it would either be installed on the RV-10 or stored on an upper shelf designated for the project. We had purchased this unit a year ahead of needing it, and I assumed it was on the said shelf. When the time came (over a year ago) to install the Zaon, I climbed up and could not locate it. I asked for the partner that had the unit to return it so it could be installed.
Ofcoarse , no one had it. No one seen it, as a matter of fact I did not recall recieving it. I then thought it might not have been shipped to us. We soon had the shipping documents with my signature on it, so I must have seen it.
We searched my hangar, my house, cottage everwhere, no luck. I asked my partners to search theirs also. The conclusion was that it must have been accidentally dropped into the garbage barrel. $2000 gone , not a good feeling as I had to bare the responsibility.We put off the purchase of another unit hoping it would show up but about six months ago , we all felt it was useless to wait any longer. I just could not bring myself to order another one, but I knew I would have to someday.
Friday I get a call from one of the partners, guess what I found in your hangar? When did you find it, (it's Friday and I'm supposed to be at work)? Just now was the reply. Yea sure, I in the hangar as we speak, been here all day. It was in his garage, the partner that was sure he did not have it. I wasn't sure of anything, but I'm sure glad I didn't loose it. Now we will have to install it, fun part might be finding the capped wire coming from the 696. I'm quite sure it was still run for future installation of a Zaon.
Thanks for reading Ron

ME, Too!

Yesterday, I pulled out my fibergalssing stuff to do a quick repair. In the bin was a Kuntzelman tail/strobe light.....That I was CERTAIN had been borrowed by someone wandering thru the paint shop. I recall pulling the light off while doing the paint prep and I recall putting it somewhere safe for re-installation. Then when I got around to final assembly two weeks later it was no where to be found. I searched hi & low, and am ashamed now to admit it, I figured someone needed worse than I. While, I never formally accused anyone of taking it, it was a thought as I was buying a new one.

oh well got a spare now