x68zulu

I'm New Here
Does anyone out there have experience or knowledge about Warp Drive props, particularly on RV's? My son-in-law and I are building a -4 and have just about reached the point of obtaining a prop but haven't yet reached a decision on which to buy. Any info or recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Quick answer. Forget about it and get a good wood prop, (Catto, Demuth, Prince), etc.. or a metal Sensenich. There are a lot of reasons, but short of putting one in front of a Rotax or auto conversion, they are not good on a Lyco.

Cheers,
Stein

PS, I might be a bit biased for a personal reasons...Warp Drive props can cut off fingers! :)

I have not looked at Warp drive's props in a years, but "back when" the props didn't have the structural integrity to hold up to the strong power pulses of Lycoming 4 cylinder engines. This resulted in prop damage (failures?) after very little time in service.

The power pulses of the Lycoming shred warp drives kinda like Warp drives can shred fingers. Me I watch out for circular saws.

I believe the new maganum warp drives work OK on lycos, but I'd still recommend something wood. Catto, American Propellor, and Prince all come to mind.