macrafic

Well Known Member
Is it standard to install this in an RV?

It looks like a good solution, with the scat from the heat muff outlet routed to one side of the mixer and the scat tube from the NACA vent routed to the other, and the side protruding through to the cabin side routed to the air vents in the panel.

For those of you who have, how has it worked? Does it allow for the warm air to be dumped when that flapper is closed off?

For those of you who have NOT, why not?

As always, much appreciative of the input!!!!

Dont know how many have or have not used it. I did not. My guess would be that I am in the majority.

When its hot, you dont need the mixer - you want all cooling air. The amount can be modulated and directed effectively by the vents.

Whens its cold, you dont need the mixer - you will want all hot air. The amount can be modulated effectively by how open the firewall hot air valve is.

Oh yea, you'll still need the through firewall heat flapper to allow dumping out of the heat muff - so now you have another thingie to operate.

Besides, All the scat that is required to make that hook up will take up A LOT of behind panel space that gets pretty scarce with any avionics.

I think it is an unnecessary complexity. YMMV

Last edited: