GFLOW

I'm New Here
Patron
I just bought an RV-6 project and it has the old style wing tips that you can't put lights in, I am looking for newer style wing tips with landing lights in.
Greg Flowitt
250-341-7164

Where do you live. There was a gentlemen on here that wanted to swap. I think he was in CT. IF you are close, he'd swap with you.

Where do you live. There was a gentlemen on here that wanted to swap. I think he was in CT. IF you are close, he'd swap with you.

GFlow.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6129_1708280534797.jpg
    IMG_6129_1708280534797.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 18
RV-4/6/7/8 all have the same wing profile. Therefore any wingtip (new or old) for any of the models can fit any other. Van’s wingtip or aftermarket.

Years ago, RMD sold kits that could be added to the RV wingtips that Van's supplied. I purchased mine 3 decades ago. It looks like RMD sold their idea to an outfit in Texas...
Yep, I installed the RMD kit on my -8 build 20 years ago, happy with 'em.

Greg, if you have no luck finding a replacement set of newer tips, check with that Texas outfit and see if they'll sell you just the light assemblies as a kit. You'd have to do the fiberglass cut and fit to install on your current tips, but it's not that bad of a job.