rph142

Well Known Member
My -3B will be ready for the first flight in 3-4 weeks and I would like to hire an experienced test pilot to perform the first flight. The plane is based out of KPTW (one hour NE of Philly). I would prefer someone local but dont have a problem paying for a flight and hotel. Please contact me at [email protected] or 215-421-0336.

Thanks!

Great news!

Our baby is likely to fledge about the same time. We'll have to get them together for a "play date" when they get a little older! :D

I would like to hire an experienced test pilot to perform the first flight.

Rob,
I am sure it was a tough decision to hire out your RV?s first flight. I admire your decision process and the fact that you asked for help via VAF. Good luck finding a qualified test pilot.

Heck I will do it for free. Of course you should know I have never even SEEN an RV3, so I might scratch it up a lot in practice.:mad:
My -3B will be ready for the first flight in 3-4 weeks and I would like to hire an experienced test pilot to perform the first flight. The plane is based out of KPTW (one hour NE of Philly). I would prefer someone local but dont have a problem paying for a flight and hotel. Please contact me at [email protected] or 215-421-0336.

Thanks!

ur baby is likely to fledge about the same time. We'll have to get them together for a "play date" when they get a little older!
Well I hope its your plane, cause I want the newest -3 for more than a week!

It was a tough decision to hire out the first flight, but I'm used to watching first flights from the gound - I've performed a few dozen first flights on RC planes.:D If I learned one thing from RC its that the first is very easy until something out of the ordinary occurs.

"Kahuna" of Team RV fame comes to mind.

I would also recommend Kahuna , he did the first flight in my -8 and I had 3K + hrs in TW high performance aircraft but 0 RV time . I think it is smart to have someone who has a lot of experience in the make and model do the test flight . Kahuna is one of the best . Also he did a very detailed preflight inspection of all systems and flight controls .