Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
What to do, what to do?.the wife is working the show for the National Park Service from Sunday to Sunday, and we?re flying her airplane in (look for ?Mikey? in the ?Special? parking for experienced homebuilts), so I find myself with a solid week to wander the grounds, visit with vendors, and absorb the experience. Since I AM a Contributing Editor (that?s a fancy title saying that I write more than occasionally) for Kitplanes Magazine, I will collect ideas, thoughts and feelings for future work as the mood strikes me. No real plans beyond doing a Forum with Stein on Thursday, and attending some of the RV events Doug has posted on the front page.

I?d love to meet up and chat with folks that I have met here on the forums, but have never had a chance to see in person ? and those that I have, of course. I?ll be carrying my Iphone and staying plugged in to email if anyone wants to find me. [email protected] works, as does [email protected] . Oh yeah, that last one is special ? ask about the RV-1 project when you see me, and how you can get involved!

See folks at the show ? we hope to be in by Sunday!

Paul

Paul,

Shevon and I will be getting to KOSH later Saturday or Sunday AM. Look forward to meeting some VAF guys and gals. I am lucky enough to be riding in an RV-7A with a friend of my Dads up to KOSH and Shevon is riding with my Dad in his 1946 Globe Swift. This will be the first trip to KOSH for both of us, so we are really excited. See you there.

Paul,

Shevon and I will be getting to KOSH later Saturday or Sunday AM. Look forward to meeting some VAF guys and gals. I am lucky enough to be riding in an RV-7A with a friend of my Dads up to KOSH and Shevon is riding with my Dad in his 1946 Globe Swift. This will be the first trip to KOSH for both of us, so we are really excited. See you there.

I'll be there some time Monday morning. Paul, I am going to send you an PM. I have some questions for you given your position at Kitplanes.

Builders Education Center

Paul,

If you feel like sharing some skills with potential builders, we can always use an extra hand at the sheetmetal workshop, teaching folks how to dril, dimple and rivet.

Wandering KOSH

Thanks Paul. Will try to hook up @ OSH. We're getting close on our -8. Would appreciate your experience on antennae. We have 2 Coms on belly behind foot wells, GPS under canopy to right of midline behind pax and nav on top of vertical stab. Still to mount: transponder, marker bcn, glide slope (perhaps not needed) and ELT. Would you tell me where you mounted yours and how it has worked for you? Thanks for any advice you can give and have a great show!

I'll be in the North 40 all week with a Spamokee 180 and my 7 year-old son. This will be his second Airventure and my 6th--albeit my first as a n00b RV-7(A) builder. I'd be thrilled to meet you and anyone else around here.