Mikey

I thought something was up when Paul and Louise started paying attention to me last week. An oil change and a complete physical exam?.plus a complete software and database upgrade for all my screens ? I figured something was in the works. All we?ve been doing is flying back and forth to a neighboring airpark so that the two of them can work on something called a ?Tundra? (I have seen a metal airplane taking shape in the hangar there, but either their building it upside down or it?s the strangest RV I have ever seen) ? I have really been looking forward to getting out and stretching my wings a bit!

Last year I had to stay home because the Valkyrie wanted to go to the show ? at least I wasn?t left alone, with the little sister (Tsamsiyu) staying behind as well (You know, she can really creep me out in the hangar at night ? those dead-cold double eyes and the constant cleaning of those big teeth ? it?s hard to go to sleep with her there sometimes?.). But I heard that it was my turn ? and I even get to go early! Louise needed to be at a conference in Missouri this week, so I wasn?t surprised when she opened the hangar door before the sun came up yesterday, and we had a wonderful flight over the high Rockies and then back into the hot and humid middle of the country.

Mikey%252527s%252520Trip%252520to%252520Missouri%2525202015.jpg

Not a bad day - two fuel stops, smooth air, lots of high rocks, and then in to Lebanon, MO where I?m spending the week tied down. Headed to KOSH on Saturday I think. Paul is supposed to head that way direct from home with the little sister on Friday, and we?ll link up at the show. I?m hoping to see Dad there again ? I can?t remember if he ever took me there when I was young or not ? it was so long ago that now I get special parking, and TWO special signs for having more than 3,000 hours and being more than 20 years old!

Looking forward to seeing all my friends (and their owners/builders) at the show!

Mikey

Welcome to Lebanon

I live in Lebanon and am building a 7. I saw Mikey sitting on the ramp when I went over to the hangar to work on mine on Monday. I didn't realize that VAF royalty was in town. ;). If I knew Mikey was coming I probably could have found him a room for the week.