N223JH

Well Known Member
Fitting the stall indicator mechanism and am puzzled by three punched holes in leading edge of W1202 skin which don't seem to match up to any sub-structure. This is on the inboard edge of this skin just outboard of that floating stub spar. They are shown in the illustration on 17-02 but I can't find them addressed anywhere in the text, not do I recall priming a small part to fit in there.

This wouldn't be the first time too much football on TV dulled my senses and if so please enlighten me as to what I missed. TIA Jim

I would tell you, but after Texas beat Nebraska last night I'm not gonna. :rolleyes:

(Actually, I don't know either):cool:

;)

Fitting the stall indicator mechanism and am puzzled by three punched holes in leading edge of W1202 skin which don't seem to match up to any sub-structure.

Jim... I faintly recollect, there are some overlapping holes in the leading edge skins of the wings or flaperons that are used to secure skins together without involving any substructure.

Jeff

Last edited:
Overlapping skins as stated by Gandalf.
I clecoed all three skins on the structure before riveting so you could rivet all holes without making a mistake;

IMG_0378.JPG