AcezHi

I was starting to rivet on the top inboard skin on my wing today and noticed that the W-711 ribs have a hole under the fuel tank skins on the main spar that I don't have rivets in yet.

I am at the point where the tank is bolted on with every other bolt and starting to skin the top of the wing.

I don't see what size rivets these should be. I know I need to take the tank back off to install them, but didn't remember seeing anything in the plans or manual for rivet size. I am guessing a 3-3.

Rivet length

Craig
Some simple math should be able to solve this problem short of having a rivet gauge. First measure your grip length which would be the spar at .065 plus the rib which is .025 and you get .090. In the case of the 3/32 rivet, you want 1.5 the diameter of the rivet protruding past your parts to be riveted. So you would have .141 that you would add to your grip length of .090 giving you a total of .231. Since we like to work in 16ths for length, just mutiply .231 x 16 and you get 3.69, so the best rivet in this case would be a AN426AD3-3.5. Hope this helps.

Last edited: