Aden Rich

Well Known Member
Does anyone have a old VS stab tip for an RV-4/6 laying around. I have one for an RV-8 with the counter balanced rudder that came with my kit but no counter balance. I guess I could I go down to Vans one day and switch it out but that's a ways off. Anyone have parts of an old kit laying around or did not use because you went to the counter balanced rudder?

Thanks, Aden

A possible option

I another option would be to make a mold out of wood and lay up a custom unit with three layers of fiberglass. I made my own wing tips that way and they worked out well. I used a 3/4" plywood base to get the interface with the metal structure shaped correctly. Then I selected the profile I wanted and sawed it out of stud quality 2x4s from Lowes. I glued the profiled 2x4 parts to the plywood base and each other then planed and sanded them to the final shape. I painted the surface with clear polyurethane and coated it with mold release wax and mounted it on a stable base ( I used galvinized pipe and end fittings on a table made from 2x4s and 3/4" plywood) and lay up the fiberglass in the mold.

Bob Axsom