Don Patrick

Well Known Member
Need some information here please.

I know that the D-180 will not interface with the VPX. However, is anyone using the VPX with a D-180 setup?

I know that the VP-50 and 100 have a component where you can see the electrical information. Is such a thing available for the VPX or is it completely interfaced with the compatible EFIS systems?

I would really like to go to a VP product, but don't want to upgrade to a Skyview system just to use the VP product.

Much thanks

Don

Sorry, the VP-X requires a third-party EFIS as a head unit to display and control its circuits. It would be theoretically possible to control it using only the VP Configurator application on a laptop (and any discrete switch inputs from physical switches on your panel, of course), but you would lose in-flight fault reporting which requires an EFIS.

In addition to the Dynon Skyview, there are at least 13 different products from 5 different experimental avionics makers which will interface with the VP-X. The smallest is the MGL Xtreme. The serial interface is publicly available if anyone ever wanted to make another interfacing control head.

The new VP-400 has all the electronic circuit breakers in the VP-X (plus three more), and also has its own display. However, since it also has a backup PFD, Runway Seeker technology, and its own independent GADHRS with air data, it's not in the same price category as the VP-X.

--
Stephen

Last edited: