TShort

Well Known Member
The VPX manual recommends connecting the VPX (primary power and serial data connections) to the MFD in a G3X setup.

I have a 3 screen G3X setup, with GDU460s on either side and a GDU450 in the center.

Is there any benefit to connecting the VPX to the PFD? Are most people following the recommendation of connecting to the MFD?

Thanks

When I had a 3 screen portrait system, I had it on my MFD which was right beside my PFD1 in front of the pilot.

When I went to a 2 screen setup, I moved it to the 10" screen right in front of the pilot which can be a full page PFD or a PFD/MFD combo. The smaller 7" screen in front of the CO-Pilot is configured as a MFD and can be full page PFD or MFD with just a touch of a soft button.

I prefer the VP-X connected screen in front of me as the pilot as this gives me all my data it provides and switching capability without reaching or looking over at the co-pilot's screen.

My pilot's side screen is also the one that comes on with the master so that the VP-X has something to communicate with and control it from the get go.

Be aware that the screens do not share the VP-X data so whatever screen you connect it to is the only screen that will have the VP-X page on it.