MCA

Well Known Member
Advertiser
We have a few existing VP-200 customers who would like to buy the new VP-400, and a few potential customers who would like to buy a VP-200 which we no longer sell.

If you're interested in selling your used VP-200, send me an e-mail (marc 'at' verticalpower.com) with the hours and time on it, and what you'd like for it.

If you are interested in buying a used VP-200, send me an email with what you are looking for (singe or Duo) and I'll try to broker the deal.

We will do a full test of the used system, make a wiring harness kit for it (for normal wiring harness cost), and send it back out to the buyer.

We could offer a trade-in program, but I think the sellers will get a better deal this way and maybe keep some of the potential VP-200 customers happy.

Just an idea anyway.

congratulations marc for the excellent customer service!

nice proof of the vp-200 being discontinued too early ;-)
i would again buy the vp-200 in a heartbeat (and won't trade in). i would however not buy the vp-400 given the the same planning situation, (even if the software already had the flight mode features as in the vp-200).

price, form factor, panel real estate, display layout, graphics, primary functions etc... there's just too much mission/feature creep on what made the vp-200 so attractive. very compatible with the other products in the market as well / screen size etc...
think about it, the system displays on an airbus/boeing don't show yet another efis graphic with a get-me-home function... and my suspicion is that a lot of the users come from that camp.

good luck and hope you will have another look at what made the vp200 so successful for what it is and isn't....

regards,
bernie

p.s. the runway seeker would be awesome if it had a radio altimeter / autothrottle flare mode... maybe something for the vp-600 ;-) ?

Last edited:
We have a customer who wants to trade his VP-200 Duo in for a VP-400. He's asking $7000 ($9995 new, it is used and has just over 100 hours on it) and we will check it out and include a 3-year warranty.

Please let me know at marc 'at' verticalpower.com if interested.