TroyBranch

Well Known Member
Friend
I am trying to make a decision as to what antenna to buy. I have been looking at the RAMI AV12 mainly for price. I don't like like the fact that it is not a B&C connector and it looks like you must have to drill your own holes in it for mounting. Drilling the holes would not be that big of a deal and I assume you drill two other holes in the mounting location of the airframe big enough for the studs to pass through and not touch the airframe as well. These connectors are not as nice as the B&C but they worked fine on my other Archer Nav antennas.

The other one I was looking at was the Commant CI 157P. This one has the mounting holes ready and has a B&C connector. The price difference is quite substantial for these two little things though.

Is there a preference out there as to which one works better? Performance to me trumps price. I can't imagine one working better than the other but I could be wrong.

there was just athread on this

I have the Archer wingtip ant in my six with a KX155 receiver and it works great - 80 mile range for VOR and solid GS lockon. Cheap, effective and out of the wind.

There were a few with poor reports but I think the consensus is that the Archer works great when properly installed.

Sounds like you've used it before - why not now??

Last edited:
Yes I know...

about that thread and I had commented on it. I am not getting great range on my 430w compared to my Sl30 and may change it. I have two Archer Navs. Just making sure I know which one to get if I do buy one. It is always fun to make changes/upgrades. A plane project is always a project even after it is flying:)